LinkBox II Transceiver
Airborne Radio - Frequency Division Duplex COFDM Transceivers DVB-T and MIMO
FUTURE PROOF mission aircraft with dual-stream DVB-T and wireless mesh network connectivity for long-range and tactical video and data. DO 160 and NTIA certified
Troll’s Network LinkBox II provides unsurpassed air-to-ground connectivity for surveillance aircraft, tactical ground and command operations. A multi-band data link, payload controller and network hub LinkBox II combines multiple TX/RX modems, video processing, DC power and data management. IP based it acts as a high-performance microwave data terminal and comms controller with supercomputer accelerated encoding, decoding and encryption.
Standard configurations include bidirectional COFDM transmitter and receiver pairs that operate in multiple bands from 1.2GHz to 7GHz. MIMO transceivers can also be added to establish simultaneous connectivity for tactical mesh networks. Users can control multiple channels of video and data to provide redundancy, increase bandwidth, quality or range. Channels are between 2 to 16 MHz and support data rates to 40Mbps.
Network LinkBox II incorporates a 64-bit supercomputer with high-speed Arm processors allowing layered techniques like: video stabilization, blended imagery or synthetic overlays. One of many processing improvements, adding a layer of stabilization to sensor data can increase encoding speed and efficiency.*
High Quality HD-SDI Video I/O to 4k:
LinkBox II features multiple high quality 4k, SDI inputs and outputs with HDMI monitoring standard. Internal H.265, H.264 encoders are capable of routing one or more of these high-quality transport streams to a ground station while simultaneously recording to a built-in DVR. This allows mission exploitation to occur in real-time or play back from the aircraft with time delay. Particularly useful if reception becomes limited and bandwidth constrained, the DVR time delay ensures that air-to-ground video quality is maintained regardless of data link conditions onboard the aircraft.
LinkBox II supports a variety of mapping protocols. Used in conjunction with software defined video processing; object detection, tracking, CoT and map annotation, LinkBox II provides image intelligence from the center of the operation to its edge.
*Image stabilization helps to lengthen the distance between keyframes to speed-up encoding and improve video quality, transmission and exploitation value.
- DO-160 test certified
- DVB‐T COFDM and MIMO transmit and receive capability
- Single or dual-channel transceivers
- Dual-channel encoding and decoding
- Control multiple transport streams
- Dual-carrier LTE and dual-band Wi-Fi
- 128/256 Encryption with Bcrypt
- Antenna monitoring switching and control
- Power monitoring and distribution
- Video and audio control and monitoring
- High-quality SDI video I/O resolutions to 4k
- Multi-port Ethernet switching and routing
- PC application for local or remote control of full system
- Interfaces for industry leading mapping systems
- Up to 2TB DVR with time delay video playback
- Software image stabilization prior to encoding